Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Smiley, happy cake!

Makes me think of spring/summer time!!  Well I was making this cake just for practice and it didn't really turn out the way I wanted.  I actually did a pipe gel transfer off of a greeting card (the flowers had no stems) and they were straight across.  I modified the flowers to arch a little and I had planned on writing something in the center.  Well as you can see that didn't happen.  It just didn't look right, so I added stems and leaves and another flower.  A few flowers I really don't like, but I love the sides and the borders on the cake and the color scheme.  The cake was a one-layer banana cake with buttercream frosting.  I'm finally learning the proper consistencies with my icing...yay!!



 Oh, I forgot to mention, it was so yummy!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment