Monday, October 3, 2011

Just a simple last minute cake!

A very dear friend, you might as well say, brother (I consider him my brother), his mother passed away after a short illness and I wanted him to have a cake for the funeral reception.  It was last minute, devils food with dark chocolate ganache /buttercream filling, iced in buttercream.  I had asked him what her favorite colors were and he said tan and brown,  So a tan cake, with white roses is what I did.
I had no problems doing the cake, the problems came after.  When I was putting the cake in the box, my finger slipped and I put a big gash in the side of the cake.  I patched it up, and then closed the box.  My husband came home and wanted to see it, so I opened the box and found out I had smashed the roses when closing the box.  UGH!  Well at least I got a picture before the all the mishaps :P

No comments:

Post a Comment